Sunday, August 24, 2008

Summer update

This is the beginning of my blog on Health Policy for NPs.

During this past summer I have had the opportunity to speak with many legislators to discuss what NPs are and how we can help solve the healthcare crisis in Arizona. Many of the legislators and their staff had some understanding of NPs although I did have to spend a fair amount of time explaining more about NPs in comparison to other providers.

None of the legislators were aware of the issues for NPs and their patients related to empaneling or the inequality in pay. All were willing to read over my white paper that demonstrated equivalent outcomes compared to physicians. Several people actually asked me for one or two of the articles so they could look at the evidence. I was thrilled by those that were willing to check out the evidence.

Angie

No comments: